Traditional POS vs Cloud-based POS
Updated: 1 day ago
Which one is better? traditional POS or cloud-based POS? While starting a restaurant or retail business, everyone facing this issue. So, now we can discuss details about this.
In the traditional POS system, you are saving all the data into the local system or server itself. The traditional POS system is also known as a legacy POS system.
Advantages of traditional POS
1) Work Offline: In the traditional POS system you are saving data to the local system or server. So, you don't want internet connection.
2) One-time payment: Another advantage of the traditional POS system is one-time payment.
Disadvantages of traditional POS
1) Data security: The main disadvantage of the traditional push system is data security. Because here you are saving data to a local server or system itself, so that chances are very high to data lost if any virus attack or system failure happens.
2) Software integration: Most of the traditional POS system is using old technologies, due to that you can’t integrate with the new software’s always. Also, the traditional POS system runs on fixed or heavy hardware and it’s not mobile friendly. Traditional POS system hardware cost also heavy.
3) Data backup: Need frequent data backup is required for the traditional POS system to avoid data loss.
4) Software support: As it is offline software, in future, you required any technical support then you need to wait till the software providers to reach your store and fix it.
5) Hardware cost: The traditional POS system requires a high upfront cost and it require installation fees. Also, you need to pay monthly/annual maintenance costs if required.
Cloud based POS process all your data on online and stored it remote servers. As it saves data on a cloud, you can work or access it from anywhere.
Advantages of cloud-based POS
1) Data security: The main advantage of cloud-based POS is data security, because here saves data on remote servers. So, if anything happens on your physical system, then your data will be safe in the cloud.
2) Real time software updates: If you use cloud-based POS system, then you can update the software through online itself. So, you will get the latest POS features easily.
3) Remote access: As we discussed, cloud-based system saves data on clouds, so you can easily access or start working from anywhere. This feature allows store owner or manger can check the real time statistics about the store from anywhere.
4) Software integration: The cloud-based system is based modern technology, due to that you can integrate with the new software’s or services. So, you can use the loyalty programs, accounting software’s, CRM, inventory management, vendor management, online ordering, different type payment methods etc. in a single platform.
5) Device friendly: Another important advantage of cloud-based POS is, you can use it on a mobile or a tablet. It is very helpful for restaurant industry, because staff can easily take each table order with help of mobile or tablet.
Disadvantage of cloud-based POS
1) Internet connection: Most of the cloud-based POS system work offline too, it will save data in cache and whenever you are back to online it will update it. But you need an internet connection for all features to work like payments, data download, online order etc.
Which one is better?
If you are looking a Point of Sale system for your restaurant or retail store, then you can choose a cloud-based system as the best option. Cloud-based POS allow fast data transferring while comparing traditional POS.
Why IVEPOS ?
As a cloud-based system built for restaurants and retail, IVEPOS offers functionality like mobile POS systems, inventory management, sales analytics, CRM and customer loyalty on an easy-to-use interface. You can use the IVEPOS system instead of a cash register, and track sales and inventory in real-time, manage employees and stores, engage with customers and increase your revenue.
You can now download IVEPOS from google play store directly, or you can click the below link to download our app from Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intuition.ivepos
If you are looking to enquire about IVEPOS software follow this link https://www.intuitionsoftwares.com/contact